The goal of the DSA Athletic Department is to facilitate the development of high quality programs for our student athletes.
It is a privilege and not a right to be a student-athlete and all student-athletes are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that exhibits honor and respect to their athletic team, department, Del Sol Academy and the surrounding community for the duration as a student-athlete.
- Del Sol Academy is committed to:
- Placing learners and their education at the center of all that we do.
- Maintaining the highest standards of excellence in every dimension of our work.
- Upholding high expectations for all student-athletes and providing support for their success.
- Achieving a campus climate that supports collegiality, collaboration, and civility.
- Ensuring student-athletes have a positive academic and athletic experience.
- Projecting a positive image of the Del Sol Academy within the community and the surrounding region.
CODE OF ETHICAL CONDUCT
All athletes and staff members shall conduct themselves with honesty and sportsmanship at all times so that athletics as a whole, Del Sol Academy and they, as individuals, shall represent the honor and dignity of fair play and the generally recognized high standards associated with competitive sports.
Staff members must:
- Adhere to all CCSD and Del Sol Academy rules and regulations.
- Promote and enforce policies and practices that support the academic success of all student-athletes and their progress toward graduation.
- Treat all coaching staff members, Del Sol employees, alumni, and the community at large with respect and courtesy.
- Accept victory and defeat graciously.
- Exhibit dignity in manner and dress when representing Del Sol Academy on and off the court or playing field.
- Maintain a good working relationship with other athletic coaches and teaching staff members.
All Del Sol Academy athletic program participants (students, parents, administrators, teachers, and staff) must work continuously together to model positive behaviors that are conducive to the development of character, ethics, and manners. Seven character traits that Clark County School District believes are basic to positive conduct are as follows:
- Respect: demonstrated by being considerate of others, the property of others and respect for themselves.
- Integrity: as demonstrated through honest and sincere interactions with others at all times.
- Responsibility: as demonstrated by being dependable, accountable and taking ownership of their actions.
- Empathy: as demonstrated by being considerate of and sensitive to racial, ethnic, cultural and community values.
- Courage: as demonstrated by expressing their thoughts and feelings in a responsible and respectful way.
- Manners: as demonstrated by being conscientious of and respectful to adults and to each other at all times.
- Justice: as demonstrated by treating others in a fair and equitable way.